Our client is a Boutique Financial Services Firm that offers Accounting, Tax and Wealth Services.
Not a traditional Accounting firm but a business that offers a combination of financial and wealth advice in one place.
With a bright, fresh and modern office space, they are located in Sydney’s Eastern Suburbs. Close to public transport and with a gym and pool on site. Our clients believe in a healthy working environment and looking after their staff is as equally important as looking after their clients. Including staff
The business has a wide range of clients from individuals to SMSF.
The role would suit a Business Services Senior or an Intermediate Accountant looking to take the next step in their career.
If you also have the following attributes, then we would love to hear from you:
- Degree qualified with CA/CPA (or close to completion)
- Excellent communication skills to deal effectively and efficiently with people at all levels;
- Ability to work with minimal supervision with an eye for accuracy;
- Superior attention to detail and the ability to deal with complex taxation matters autonomously, or with limited supervision;
- Tech savvy mindset
- Specific knowledge and expertise in FBT, GST and Superannuation;
- Ability to use initiative and work to tight deadlines.
- Experience with Xero, BGL Super and FYI Document Management system an advantage
This role offers a variety of responsibilities and requires excellent business acumen as well as experience juggling competing priorities and deadlines.
Reporting to the Partners, and being in contact with clients, your responsibilities will include
- Preparation of accurate financial information
- Ensuring clients meet and understand their statutory deadlines and obligations
- Preparation of useful financial reporting and the ability to present them to clients with relevant analysis
- Business Activity Statements and GST reporting
- Budgeting and Cashflow preparation and reporting
- Ensure ASIC compliance
- Understanding of Australian Taxation rules and regulations in order to prepare tax returns.
- Responding to financial and taxation queries from both Partner and Clients
- Communicating information relating to tax services to Clients
- Keeping abreast of relevant tax issues / developments
- Preparation of Client communication as well as communicating with various government bodies.
Australian PR or Citizenship essential